Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dialogue


Watching and listening from the hallway. Witnessing on of the many fights my dad and step mom would have. 

"How could you be talking to her?! You know how I feel about that!!"

"I have to talk to her... she is my kids' mother.  I don't have a choice."

"THIS ISN'T ABOUT THAT!"

"Stop."  My dad tries to calm her down as he starts walking toward her.

My step mom shoves him away.  "We were doing fine until now!!!"  

"We are still fine."

"I know you have been calling her!!  I see it on the phone records!"

"You have been checking the phone records?"

"I wouldn't if I didn't think I had to!"  My step mom throws her glass cup of water against the wall, still very angry.

"I am done talking to you about this."  "This is getting ridiculous."

My step mom runs down the stairs and slams the bedroom door for the 100th time.
My dad follows, the fighting continues downstairs.

1 comment:

  1. This works well. It's almost a conflict within a conflict. It's triggered by a conflict percieved by the step mom. There's further conflict in how the step mom is checking the phone record. One senses that the situation won't easily resolve itself since neither party sees his/her actions as being wrong.

    ReplyDelete